I have a question for you. Are you a Christian? If the answer is yes, then are you living a full life for Jesus Christ as best you are able? When we come to Jesus in repentance and faith, Jesus says He wants all of us, not just part, but our entire being. The time for sitting on the sidelines is long past, what are you doing to share the Gospel in your community?
Jesus Christ Himself commands us to GO!!
Make disciples of all nations
“Jesus came and told his disciples, I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. Therefore go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20, NLT
Go and preach
“As they were walking along, someone said to Jesus, I will follow you wherever you go. But Jesus replied, Foxes have dens to live in, and birds have nests, but the Son of Man has no place even to lay his head. He said to another person, Come, follow me. The man agreed, but he said, Lord, first let me return home and bury my father. But Jesus told him, Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead! Your duty is to go and preach about the Kingdom of God.” Luke 9:57-20, NLT
Preach the good news
“So we decided to leave for Macedonia at once, having concluded that God was calling us to preach the Good News there.” Acts 16:10, NLT
Preach Jesus is the Messiah
“And every day, in the Temple and from house to house, they continued to teach and preach this message: Jesus is the Messiah.” Acts 5:42, NLT
The Holy Spirit speaks!
“For I decided that while I was with you I would forget everything except Jesus Christ, the one who was crucified. I came to you in weakness – timid and trembling. And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. I did this so you would trust not in human wisdom but in the power of God.” Acts 2:2-5, NLT
God does not expect you to “do it all” yourself, there are millions of Christians alive today who are called to spread the Gospel. However it is true how God gives each person certain spiritual gift(s) upon receiving the Holy Spirit, we are to use for His glory, to share the Gospel Message of Jesus Christ with others. See 1 Corinthians 12.
A sober warning
“Let God’s curse fall on anyone, including us or even an angel from heaven, who preaches a different kind of Good News than the one we preached to you. I say again what we have said before: If anyone preaches any other Good News than the one you welcomed, let that person be cursed.” Galatians 1:8-9, NLT
Everyone going out to preach the Gospel Message, needs to know clearly in their heart and mind precisely what the Gospel is, and equally important, what is it not. Carefully read the warnings from Paul again, letting it sink down into your soul. If you intentionally preach a distorted Gospel, God says you will be cursed – take Paul’s admonition seriously!
The Gospel Message is NOT,
- a promise of wealth and prosperity.
- a guarantee of an easy, worry-free life.
- dependent upon the opinions of sinful man.
- negotiable, debatable, or changeable.
- to make us feel good about ourselves.
- for our glory.
- to be altered to fit your personal opinion.
- a works-based message of salvation.
- an “all religions are equal” message.
- change the Gospel message in any way!!!
- think you are big and important.
- shift the focus and glory away from Jesus.
- water down, dilute, alter, massage, twist, or do anything to change the Message – There is only ONE GOSPEL!
- back down or shy away from preaching the truth, pray diligently for strength and guidance.
- say, infer, imply, or lead people to anything other than the cross, and the redemptive work of Jesus Christ.
The Gospel Message IS,
- permanent, eternal, and everlasting.
- all about Jesus Christ.
- good news for everyone who hears, believes, and obeys.
- salvation through faith alone.
- about the virgin birth, life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- finding forgiveness, redemption, and a new life through Jesus.
- perfect, absolute, unchanging, non-negotiable, everlasting, eternal, holy, wonderful, and free!
- the message of salvation through Christ alone.
- our free “ticket” to heaven.
- the only way to avoid eternal damnation in hell.
Now go! Be the hands of feet of our Lord, Jesus Christ. Using the abilities, gifts, and talents, God has given you, go unto all the world and share the Good News! Pray for guidance. Pray for instruction. Pray for strength. Pray for protection. Pray for the words to speak. Pray for humility. Above all else, pray. May God bless you!