“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command the locust to devour the land, or send pestilence among my people, if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.” – 2 Chronicles 7:13-14
These verses came to my mind, while listening this evening to the election coverage of our American friends to the south. As in Canada, the United States has, by and large, enmasse, willfully chosen to ignore our Creator God, to their peril. Our God will not be mocked; but make no mistake, He will have the final word on all things. Friend, will YOU, personally, respond to God’s calling? Is the time finally at hand for you to turn over everything to Him; it is all His anyway?
In the big picture, no government, social safety program, self-help program; nor anything the mind and will of man has created, will save you. Only the free, saving grace of Jesus Christ, is sufficient to rescue you from the festering evil all around. Over and over, God has promised in His Word to forgive the sin of anyone who repents, and turns fully to His saving grace and forgiveness. Whatever happens the evening, real hope is available; God is willing and able to bring hope, love, and forgiveness to your life, through Jesus Christ.
Isaiah 34: 1-10
“Come near, ye nations, to hear; and hearken, ye people: let the earth hear, and all that is therein; the world, and all things that come forth of it. For the indignation of the LORD is upon all nations, and his furry upon all their armies: he hath utterly destroyed them, he hath delivered them to the slaughter. Their slain also shall be cast out, and their stink shall come up out of their carcases, and the mountains shall be melted with their blood. And all the host of heavens shall be dissolved, and the heavens shall be rolled together as a scroll: and all their host shall fall down, as the leaf falleth off from the vine, and as a falling fig from the fig tree. For my sword shall be bathed in heaven: behold, it shall come down upon Idumea, and upon the people of my curse, to judgment.
The sword of the LORD is filled with blood, it is made fat with fatness, and with the blood lambs and goats, with the fat of the kidneys of rams: for the LORD hath a sacrifice in Bozrah, and a great slaughter in the land of Idumea. And the unicorns shall come down with them, and the bullocks with the bulls; and their land shall be soaked with blood, and their dust made fate with fatness. For it is the day of the LORD’s vengeance, and the year of recompences for the controversy of Zion. And the streams thereof shall be turned unto pitch, and the dust thereof into brimstone, and the land thereof shall become burning pitch. It shall not be quenched night nor day; the smoke thereof shall go up for ever: from generation to generation it shall lie waste; none shall pass through it for ever and ever.”
The bible plain states in many places, the judgment of God lies upon the nations of the world and all humanity. With the end of days firmly upon us, we are drawing every closer to the coming return of Jesus Christ and His righteous judgment. Are you ready to give an account for all your deeds, thoughts and actions, whether for good or evil? Matthew 12:35 “But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.” Mercifully, the Father has made provision for us to be saved through His Son, Jesus Christ – there is hope!
A few promises from God’s word
- We can turn to God and be saved – Isaiah 45:22
- The pure of heart shall see God – Matthew 5:8
- Our reward in heaven is great – Matthew 5:12
- Forgive others and you will be forgiven – Matthew 6:14-15
- Jesus is our Saviour – Luke 2:11
- We may be saved through Jesus Christ – John 3:17
- Comforter promised- John 14:14
- Peace comes through Jesus – John 14:27
- Jesus is the true vine – John 15:1
- Jesus has risen from the dead – 1 Corinthians 15:20
- Strength comes from Jesus – 2 Corinthians 12:9
- We need not be afraid – Proverbs 29:25
- God comforts us when we are down – Isaiah 61:10
- God takes away our confusion – Proverbs 3:5-6
- The LORD is with us always – Isaiah 41:10
- His Word is help when we are discouraged – Psalm 27:14
- A cure for embarrassment – Romans 9:23
- With God, we have no need to fret – Psalm 37:7
- Jesus takes away our guilt and condemnation – Romans 8:1
- Hope for the hopeless – Romans 15:13
- His word is comfort to the persecuted: Matthew 5:10-12
- Armour to those who are against you – Isaiah 41:10
June 11th, 2011